Microsoft Word 2019 Content | Notes
Create a document in Word
- Create documents from scratch, or a template.
- Add text, images, art, and videos.
- Research a topic and find credible sources.
- Access your documents from a computer, tablet, or phone with OneDrive.
- Share your documents, and work with others.
- Track and review changes.
Create a document
- On the File tab, click New.
- In the Search for online templates box, enter the type of document you want to create and press ENTER.
Tip: To start from scratch, select Blank document. Or, for practice using Word features, try a learning guide like Welcome to Word, Insert your first table of contents, and more.
Add and format text
- Place the cursor and type some text.
- To format, select the text and then select an option: Bold, Italic, Bullets, Numbering, and more.
Add Pictures, Shapes, SmartArt, Chart, and more
- Select the Insert tab.
- Select what you want to add:
- Tables – select Table, hover over the size you want, and select it.
- Pictures – select Pictures, browse for the picture you want, and select Insert.
- Online Pictures – select Pictures > Online Pictures, search and choose the picture you want, and select Insert.
Note: On older versions of Word, Online Pictures may be on the ribbon next to Pictures.
- Shapes – select Shapes, and then select a shape from the drop-down.
- Icons – select Icons, choose the one you want, and select Insert.
- 3D Models – select 3D Models, choose from a file or online source, go to the image you want, and select Insert.
- SmartArt – select SmartArt, choose a SmartArt Graphic, and select OK.
- Chart – select Chart, select the chart you want, and select OK.
- Screenshot – select Screenshot and select one from the drop-down.
Save your document to OneDrive
When you save your files to the cloud, you can share and collaborate with others, and get to your files from anywhere – on your computer, tablet, or phone.
- Select File > Save As.
- Select OneDrive.Save personal files to OneDrive – Personal, and work files to your company OneDrive. You can also save to another location in the list, or Add a Place.
- Enter a descriptive name for the file, and select Save.
Design and edit in Word
Styles templates apply a consistent font, font size, font color, and spacing to headings, paragraphs, and titling throughout your document.
- Select the words, paragraph, list or table to edit.
- On the Home tab, select a style.If you don’t see the style you want, click the More button to expand the gallery.
Themes add a professional look to your document.
- Select Design > Themes.
- Point to a theme to preview how it will look.
- Select the theme you want.
Check spelling and grammar
Word marks misspelled words with a red squiggly underline and grammar mistakes with a blue double underline.
- Right-click the word.
- Select a correction, or select Ignore.
Note: Spelling and grammar check work a little differently in newer versions of Word and Microsoft 365. For more, see Editor – your writing assistant.
Find and replace text
- Select Home > Replace.
- For Find what, enter a word or phrase to search. For Replace with, enter the new text.
- Select Find next, and then select:
- Replace to replace the first instance, or
- Replace all to replace all instances.
Collaborate in Word
Share your document
To share a file from within Word:
- Select Share on the ribbon.Or, select File > Share.
Note: If your file is not already saved to OneDrive, you’ll be prompted to upload your file to OneDrive to share it.
- Select who you want to share with from the drop-down, or enter a name or email address.
- Add a message (optional) and select Send.
Co-edit a document
After you share your document, you can work on that file at the same time with others.
- For the best experience, work together in Word for the web and see real-time changes.
- Under Share, you will see the names of who else is also editing the file.
- Colored flags show you exactly where each person is working in the document.
Track and review changes
- To track changes, select Review > Track Changes.
- To review changes, place the cursor before a change and select:
- Accept to keep the change, or
- Reject to remove it.
Set up your Word mobile app
Get to your files from anywhere – at work, at home, or on the go.
Set up the Office apps on your mobile device.
Choose your mobile device
Set up Office apps and email on a mobile device
- Select your plan
- Office 365
- Office 365 operated by 21Vianet (China)
Choose your mobile device:
Have a different device?
If you are using a Surface Pro tablet, you can install Office and email as you would on a desktop computer! See Install Office on your PC or Mac .
Note: Using a Chromebook? You can install Office mobile apps for Android on your Chromebook if you have the Google Play Store or use Office Online if you have the Google Web Store.
- Download and install Microsoft 365 or Office 2019 on your PC or Mac
- Set up email in Outlook for PC
Add and edit text
Follow these steps to add, replace, and format text in Word.
- Place the cursor where you want to add the text.
- Start typing.
- Select the text you want to replace.
- To select a single word, double-click it.
- To select a line, click to the left of it.
- Start typing.
- Select the text you want to format.
- Select an option to change the font, font size, font color, or make the text bold, italics, or underline.
- Select the text with the formatting you want to copy.
- Click Format painter, and then select the text you want to copy the formatting to.
Tip: Double-click Format painter if you want to copy the formatting in more than one place.
(C Language | Network + | A + | CCNA Enterprise 200-301 | CCNP ENCOR-350-401 | CCIE Routing & Switching | CCNP Secutiry | ASA Firewall | CCNA Cyber Oops | HCNA | HCNP | Fortigate Firewall NSE4 | Palo Alto Firewall | CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Security+ | CompTIA Network+ | Wireless Network | Windows Server 2016 | Linux Shell Scripting | Cyber Security Essential | CND | MS DOS v6.22 | RHCSA | RHCSE | Cyber Security CEH v10 | Linux (Redhat 6.0 / 6.5 / 7.0 / 8, Centos 7 / 8, Fedora 31, Ubuntu 16 / 18, Mint 19.3) | Virtualization (VMWare 11.0. / ESXi 6.7 P01 )
Linux Academy In Quetta